Since my last mock draft, two major trades have shaken up the order of the first round.
The Buffalo Bills sent left tackle Cordy Glenn to the Cincinnati Bengals and in that trade swapped first round picks with Cincinnati to go from 21 to 12.
The New York Jets sent the 6th overall pick and three second round picks to the Indianapolis Colts for the 3rd overall pick.
It’s apparent that teams are moving up to secure their potential franchise quarterback and as we are 38 days away from the NFL Draft, it looks as though the first three picks could be quarterbacks. The wild card is the New York Giants who could find the heir to Eli Manning or take the best non-quarterback on the board or trade down with a quarterback needy team.
This new mock draft does feature a projected trade for the first time this offseason but it doesn’t involve the New York Giants.
1) Cleveland Browns: Sam Darnold, QB, USC-At the end of the day, I expect Darnold to be the Browns future at quarterback.
2) New York Giants: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA-It’s being rumored that the Giants are asking for a lot to move down. Tells me they’ll go QB unless they get a king’s ransom
3) New York Jets: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma-The Big Apple was made for the charismatic Heisman trophy winner
TRADE: Browns trade 4th overall pick to Buffalo for 12th, 22nd, 53rd overall picks in 2018 Draft. 2019 1st and 2nd round picks
4) Buffalo Bills (via Cleveland via Houston): Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming-Buffalo moves up to get their future quarterback
5) Denver Broncos: Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame-With no quarterback left standing, Denver takes best player on the board
6) Indianapolis Colts (via NY Jets): Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State-Colts move down and still get the player they could’ve got with the 3rd pick
7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State-Barkley joins an already dynamic Tampa offense with Winston, Jackson, Evans and Howard.
8) Chicago Bears: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State-Ward along with Kyle Fuller could give them a 1-2 punch in the secondary to stop those NFC North quarterbacks.
9) San Francisco 49ers: Harold Landry, DE, Boston College-49ers need to address the pass rushing situation they have
10) Oakland Raiders: Derwin James, S, Florida State-Oakland finds secondary help in the dynamic James
11) Miami Dolphins: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia-Miami lands a beast to help their rebuilding defense
12) Cleveland Browns (via Buffalo via Cincinnati): Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB, Alabama-Browns move down and still get arguably the best defensive back in the draft
13) Washington Redskins: Vita Vea, DT, Washington-Washington gets a mammoth run stopper to join their defensive front
14) Green Bay Packers: Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa-Green Bay pursued Kyle Fuller which shows how much they need corners for Mike Pettine’s defense
15) Arizona Cardinals: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville-They added Bradford and Glennon but that shouldn’t stop them from drafting a QB early
16) Baltimore Ravens: Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech-Edmunds would bring a presence on the Ravens defense missing since Ray Lewis and Ed Reed retired
17) Los Angeles Chargers: Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama-They have Bosa and Ingram on the edge, now they need some beef between them
18) Seattle Seahawks: Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville-The Legion of Boom is going younger with Richard Sherman and potentially Earl Thomas exiting.
19) Dallas Cowboys: Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP-Zack Martin and Hernandez lay the foundation for a great Cowboys line for the next decade
20) Detroit Lions: Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA-Davenport joins Ziggy Ansah as a potentially dangerous pass rush duo
21) Cincinnati Bengals (via Buffalo): Taven Bryan, DT, Florida-He still needs some work but with Geno Atkins as a mentor, Bryan could be a force in a year or two
22) Cleveland Browns (via Buffalo via KC): Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama-Imagine Calvin Ridley alongside Josh Gordon and Jarvis Landry
23) Los Angeles Rams: Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama-Rams sent Alec Ogletree to New York and find his replacement in Evans
24) Carolina Panthers: Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama-Harrison is a hard hitting safety who fits what Ron Rivera would like on defense
25) Tennessee Titans: Sam Hubbard, DE, Ohio State-New head coach Mike Vrabel tags a Buckeye as his first draft pick
26) Atlanta Falcons: Mike Gisecki, TE, Penn State-Matt Ryan gets another weapon
27) New Orleans Saints: James Daniels, C, Iowa-New Orleans looks to keep Drew Brees standing for his final seasons
28) Pittsburgh Steelers: Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State-Steelers get another athletic freak at linebacker
29) Jacksonville Jaguars: DJ Moore, WR, Maryland-Jacksonville finds a new deep threat after letting Allen Robinson walk
30) Minnesota Vikings: Connor Williams, OT, Texas-After signing Kirk Cousins to a massive contract, they should invest in protecting him now.
31) New England Patriots: Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn-Patriots need to add some youth and talent into the secondary
32) Philadelphia Eagles: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU-The Super Bowl champions add another weapon on offense for Carson Wentz and/or Nick Foles
33) Cleveland Browns: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame-Cleveland finds the future left tackle at the top of Round 2
34) New York Giants: Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia-Giants continue to reshape the offensive line in order to protect Manning and eventually Josh Rosen
35) Cleveland Browns (via Houston): Sony Michel, RB, Georgia-Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson and now Sony Michel. Hue Jackson and Todd Haley can feed that running game plenty
4-Trade to Buffalo for 12,22 & 53 in 2018. 1 & 2nd rd picks in 2019 (no way they give up that much IMO) LMAO!!! Jack comes up with some crazy things. Like stirring the pot for a pensive face snapped emoji means a failed drug test so his following can blow up social media. Click-bait without substance!