As the NFL Combine wraps up on Monday, I think it’s time to finally get the mock drafts going. I will only be doing three mock drafts leading up to the draft.
- 1.0 (Post combine)
- 2.0 (halfway between combine and draft)
- 3.0 (draft day)
Let’s get things rolling.
- Cleveland Browns-Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M: they need the franchise QB but it’s going to be hard passing up the consensus top prospect.
- San Francisco 49ers-Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford: With the team being linked to Kirk Cousins, John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan look to build the defense here.
- Chicago Bears-Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina: Chicago looks to put the Jay Cutler era behind them.
- Jacksonville Jaguars-Jamal Adams, S, LSU: Jacksonville’s defense just got a lot tougher
- Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams)-Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama: Tennessee went 9-7 and have the luxury to get a top five talent for their defense.
- New York Jets-Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State: Jets need help everywhere, grabbing a ball hawk would be a start.
- Los Angeles Chargers-Mike Williams, WR, Clemson: Phillip Rivers could use a big time target for one last run.
- Carolina Panthers-Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU: Fournette and Cam Newton in the same backfield, LOOK OUT!
- Cincinnati Bengals-Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan: Bengals could use some pass rushers.
- Buffalo Bills-Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson: As they move on from Tyrod Taylor, Buffalo targets their next possible franchise QB.
- New Orleans Saints-Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State: New Orleans needs defensive help in a big way. Shut down corner would be a good start
- Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia)-OJ Howard, TE, Alabama: whomever the QB will be, he’ll have a big target to throw to.
- Arizona Cardinals-Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama: top ten prospect finds good home in Arizona
- Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota)-Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan: Philadelphia gets Carson Wentz a new toy to throw to.
- Indianapolis Colts-Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin: Andrew Luck has taken a beating, this should help reduce that.
- Baltimore Ravens-David Njoku, TE, Miami: another big time target for Joe Flacco
- Washington Redskins-DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame: looks like Kirk Cousins could be on the move, Washington gets the next franchise QB.
- Tennessee Titans-Sidney Jones, CB, Washington: Tennessee needs a shot in the arm in the secondary
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Malik McDowell, DL, Michigan State: McDowell and McCoy on the line, potentially scary combo for Tampa.
- Denver Broncos-Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama: Denver has had success with troubled talents
- Detroit Lions-Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee: Ziggy and Barnett could be a dangerous pass rush tandem
- Miami Dolphins: Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama: Wake and Suh are aging, needs some youth in the pass rush.
- New York Giants-Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State: Giants get a dynamic runner for their already dynamic offense
- Oakland Raiders-Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida: Oakland continues to inject youth into their defense
- Houston Texans-Pat Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech: Bill O’Brien continues to search for his quarterback
- Seattle Seahawks-Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky: Have to protect Russell Wilson
- Kansas City Chiefs-Haason Reddick, LB, Temple: Value pick for the AFC West champs
- Dallas Cowboys-Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama: they have the offense, now build the defense.
- Green Bay Packers-Teez Tabor, CB, Florida: could be anything defensively at this pick.
- Pittsburgh Steelers-Takkarist McKinley, DE, UCLA: James Harrison won’t be around forever
- Atlanta Falcons-Tre’Davious White, CB, LSU: Dan Quinn continues to improve the defense
- New England Patriots-Christian McCaffery, RB, Stanford: The champions get more dangerous
Categories: NFL Draft