After a long grueling offseason, the 2015 NFL season kicks off tonight. The New England Patriots will raise their fourth Super Bowl championship banner and then face off against the Pittsburgh Steelers. After an offseason highlighted by the Patriots’ “Deflatgate scandal”, it’s nice to get back to talking about actual football games. Here’s my picks for the 2015 NFL season.
- AFC East: New England Patriots
- AFC North: Baltimore Ravens
- AFC South: Indianapolis Colts
- AFC West: Kansas City Chiefs
- AFC Wild Card: Pittsburgh Steelers and Cleveland Browns
- AFC Champion: New England Patriots
- NFC East: Dallas Cowboys
- NFC North: Green Bay Packers
- NFC South: Atlanta Falcons
- NFC West: Seattle Seahawks
- NFC Wild Card: Arizona Cardinals and Minnesota Vikings
- NFC Champion: Arizona Cardinals
Super Bowl prediction
- New England Patriots 28 Arizona Cardinals 24
Now some bold predictions
- Peyton Manning doesn’t last the full season and is forced to retire due to his injuries
- Roger Goodell is forced to resign as NFL commissioner
- Carson Palmer has an injury free season and wins NFL MVP
- Adrian Peterson breaks Eric Dickerson’s single season rushing record in his return from a year long suspension
- A team signs Ray Rice, giving the running back a second chance in the NFL after domestic violence suspension.
- Aaron Rodgers has the best QB stats despite his top two receivers injured
- We don’t see Johnny Manziel start a single game as Josh McCown leads the Browns to a playoff berth.
- Randy Moss makes a comeback as a receiver needy team signs the future Hall of Famer